This auction features a broad selection of decorative arts including Estate & Antique Furnishings; 19th @ 20th Century Continental & Canadian Artwork; Jewellery; and so much more!
Session Two: bidding closes Tuesday, November 14th @ 7 p.m. MT
Noon to 4 pm on the Following Days
- Friday, November 10th
- Saturday, November 11th
- Sunday, November 12th
- Monday, November 13th
You are required to make a new bidding account for this updated bidding platform.
Your old HiBid credentials will not work.
Marked sterling silver teapot with etched decoration and scroll handle. Hallmarked for Joseph Rodgers, Sheffield, 1871. Dent to the hinged lid.
Size: 6.25 x 8.5 x 5.5 in.
Weight: 530 g
Participation in any auction on the Hodgins Halls Auction Group bidding website (the “Site”) is subject to the Auction Terms and Conditions. Hodgins Halls Auction Group (Hodgins Art Auctions Ltd. and/or Hall’s Auction Services Ltd.), the “Auctioneer,” reserves the right to periodically modify the Terms and Conditions and it is your responsibility to review any changes prior to each use of the Site. By using the Site, you agree in advance to accept any such changes.
- To participate in any auction, you are required to register on our Site. All registration information you provide shall be current, complete, and accurate. Bidders must be 18 years of age or older. You will be suspended or permanently banned from the Site if you provide false information when registering, such as a false name, fraudulent contact information, or a stolen credit card.
- Auction purchases are subject to a 20% Buyer’s Premium on the bid price.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to pause, suspend, delay, or restart any auction in the event of internet outage.
- Although the Auctioneer takes great care and diligence in the cataloguing of lots offered for auction, all property is sold “as is”.
All parties bidding at the sale shall be held to have informed themselves as to the condition, identity, and authenticity of lots, and are not entitled to make any objections after the sale on any grounds whatsoever. All items are sold on an as-is-where-is basis and no guarantee is given as to their condition or suitability for any purpose.
The Auctioneer does not include condition notes in the description of the lots. Please use the photographs as a guide to condition. If you have any questions or concerns, the Auctioneer will provide condition reports upon request.
Bidders can inspect auction lots in person during the scheduled preview times. Take this opportunity to determine the condition, size and whether any item may have been repaired or restored. By placing a bid online, you agree that you have either inspected the respective lot or have waived your right to do so.
- All items offered for auction are subject to a start price which the Auctioneer will not sell below.
- The highest bid accepted at the lot closing will be the winning bid. The close of a successfully bid lot signifies the acceptance of a contract with the Auctioneer, selling as agent for the consignor.
- The security of your account username and password is your sole responsibility, and you are responsible for any bids placed under your bidding account.
Once you place a bid, and if you win, you are obligated to buy the lot. Placing a bid on our Site, winning the lot, then not paying for the purchase may result in prosecution, suspension, or permanent ban from registering for future auctions.
- Online auctions begin and end at a predetermined date and time. If an item receives a bid during the final two minutes of the count-down clock there will be an automatic bidding extension: the bidding clock will be extended by two minutes - for that item alone. The time extensions continue until there is a two-minute period during which no bidding takes place on the lot.
- Credit card transactions may be limited to $ 5,000.
- If the purchaser fails to pay for any lot within seven (7) days from the date of the auction sale, the Auctioneer may, without limitation of the rights of the Auctioneer against the buyer, resell any of the articles affected and in such case the original buyer shall be responsible to the Auctioneer for; (a) any deficiency in price between the re-sale amount and the amount to have been paid by the original buyer; (b) any reasonable charge by the Auctioneer for the storage of such articles until payment and removal by the subsequent buyer; (c) the amount of commission to which the Auctioneer would have earned had payment been made in full by the original buyer.
- All auction purchases are subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST) on the bid price and Buyer’s Premium unless specifically stated otherwise. Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) in rates applicable to the purchasing province will apply unless the purchaser takes legal possession of purchases within Alberta. If a purchaser from an HST eligible province arranges their own shipping, then the legal delivery is deemed to have occurred within Alberta and only GST shall apply.
- Neither the Auctioneer, nor its employees, nor its agents, shall be liable for any loss or damage of any kind to the lots after the expiration of seven (7) days from the date of the sale, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, while any lot is in or under the respective custody or control of the Auctioneer.
It is the responsibility of the buyer to make all arrangements for insuring, packing, and removing the property purchased and any assistance by the Auctioneer, or the employees of, agents or contractors in packing and removal shall be rendered as a courtesy and without any liability to them. The auctioneer shall not be liable for any damage to glass or frames and shall not be liable for any errors or omissions or damage caused by packers and shippers, notwithstanding the fact that the Auctioneer may have recommended such shippers or packers to the purchaser.
- The buyer will comply with all laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding bidding, purchase and transport of lots. The amount and/or type of alcoholic beverages purchased and taken into another province, state or country may be limited or entirely prohibited. The buyer is responsible for compliance with all applicable tax laws, duties and exportation and importation requirements. Each buyer represents and warrants that he or she will ensure that any purchased lots to be shipped will not be delivered to or received by any persons less than 18 years of age.
- The purchaser(s) acknowledges that certain properties of Canadian cultural import may be subject to the provisions of Cultural Property Import and Export Act of Canada.
- On no account is a consignor of any auction good allowed to bid on his or her own merchandise.
- As a result of your participation in our online auction, or by inclusion on our mailing and e-mail notification list, we may have collected some or all the following personal information: name, address, postal/zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. This information will only be used by the Auctioneer to provide you with information regarding our products and services, namely upcoming auctions, and events. The Auctioneer does not sell or rent this information.
- This agreement comprises the entirety of the contract between the Auctioneer and the buyer. The Auctioneer shall not be held liable in respect of any representations not made in writing herein. This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta. In the event of a dispute hereunder, the Buyer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the provincial courts and the federal courts sitting in the Province of Alberta.
Calgary, Alberta T2H 0J1
Our payment deadline for this auction will be Monday, November 20th @ 5 pm.
PICK UP DEADLINE
All purchases must be picked up no later than Tuesday, November 21st @ 5 pm.
Items left beyond this deadline will be moved to long term storage, at an additional fee, and will require 24 hours notice to pick up. Storage charges will apply without exception.